Students excel in a dynamic learning community dedicated to the highest educational standards.
- We treat each member of the educational community with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- We believe all students can learn.
- We believe we can learn from our students.
- We believe each member of the educational community is responsible for his/her actions.
- We believe honesty and trust are essential for a healthy school climate.
- We believe collegiality, collaboration and cooperation are critical elements for successful teaching and learning.
- We believe change is a positive force and vital to progress.
- We support and promote life-long learning.
- We recognize, value and appreciate individual differences.
- We believe self-discipline, personal responsibility and perseverance are fundamental to a positive work ethic and a successful school experience.
- We believe optimal learning occurs when a partnership exists among school, home and community
The mission of the Winchester Public Schools is to educate students in the values, critical skills and essential knowledge necessary to be informed and responsible citizens, prepared to take the next steps in their education, careers and lives in our diverse society.
Goals for Students
- To provide a secure, well-maintained, inviting physical environment for learning.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop career awareness.
- To model, teach and expect self-control and respectful behavior To provide opportunities for service to others within school and community.
- To provide developmentally appropriate instruction for all students.
- To provide a safe, nurturing environment, which enhances self-confidence, responsibility and working with others.
- To provide students with opportunities to develop skills in critical and creative thinking, problem solving, and decision-making.
- To maintain and utilize an assessment system that provides opportunities for self, peer, and teacher evaluation.
- To provide tools, strategies that teach learners how to learn.
- To provide and maintain a quality instructional program in the liberal and practical arts, sciences and life skills.
Goals for Staff
Goals for Community
- To update continuously knowledge and application of best instructional practices.
- To maintain a plan for curriculum review and engage in cyclical process of revision and implementation of curricula.
- To engage in continuous planned professional development.
- To maintain regular and continuous contacts with colleges/universities, work world in order to keep current with expectations of society/outside world.
- Self evaluate and self reflect for continuous improvement in classroom practices and content.
- Self-assess and reflect upon individual roles within the educational and the larger educational system.
- Communicate expectations to students and parent clearly; communicate continuously with students, parents and community.
- Actively participate in collegial practices to advance creativity, problem solving and teamwork.
- Develop a "whole-child" (all aspects of children) approach and collaborate with others to provide best educational experiences for each child.
- Motivate and engage all students in learning.
- Expect and demand continuous renewal.
- Maintain regular communication with all (or) appropriate administrators.
- Create, maintain and participate in an on-going professional development plan.
- The schools maintains open communication with all segments of the community.
- All facilities are open and accessible for community use.
- Promotes opportunities for community involvement in the school program and for student involvement in the community.
- Schools are proactive in informing the community about school programs, improvements and problems.
- Communicates and cooperates with town boards and committees.
- Promotes ongoing communication with parents about system goals, objectives as well as student achievement.
- Encourages appreciation and recognition of teachers and staff.
- Maintains and extends school/business/higher education partnerships.